OK, I know the name sounds weird, but don’t knock it before you try it.
This evening, I was craving something decadent and sinfully high calorie. I would have caved for that craving if it wasn’t 11pm at night and I’m allergic to Walmart. So I had to get creative in my kitchen stocked with healthy, Paleo-diet approved foods.
Well, it worked. I came up with Paleo Mint Chocolate Chip tea, which literally tastes like melted mint chocolate chip ice cream. It’s rich, it’s flavorful, and it’s less than 75 calories for the cup! Yessssss.
Here’s the recipe:
- One cup [6-8 oz] boiling water
- 1 tea bag organic, peppermint tea [steep until desired strength; I went DARK!]
- 1 tbsp organic, unsweetened cocoa powder [only 10 cals!]
- 2 tbsp organic, So Delicious brand vanilla coffee creamer [only 20 cals!]
- 1/2 tbsp Enjoy Life chocolate chips [approx 35 calories]
- One stevia/truvia packet, if preferred.
Steep the tea first, remove the tea bag, and then stir in the cocoa powder. Add the creamer so the liquid cools just a tiny bit, then stir in the chips.
Heaven in a cup!
Enjoy and bon appetit, my friends!