As promised to those who have followed the blog for several weeks, here is the photo of me in my size four graduation dress.
I worked hard to get into this sucker.
- Hitting the gym 5-6 days per week,
- Sticking to my Paleo diet, and
- Not letting my stress trigger a binge as it so frequently can when it compounds.
When I started the program (my second Bachelors degree) in March 2011, I was a wearing a size ten.
In many ways, I am a completely transformed person as a result of my college experience. An instructor in my junior year encouraged me to start this blog and create my documentary (in which I admitted to my bulimia) and that transparency with the world has helped me to gain better control of my eating disorder. Knowing that all of you, now thousands of readers, are sharing in my world and are aware of my struggles, I’ve found a greater strength inside me that helps me generate will power when I need it the most.
I am wiser, I am more passionate and creative, and I am physically half the woman I used to be.
I’ll take it.
Bon appetit, my friends!
- 10 Tips for Bulimia Recovery (waragainsteatingdisorder.wordpress.com)
- Surviving the Holidays with Eating Disorders (epicahealth.com)