A quick and easy recipe for Paleo-on-the-run!
- One pound organic, farm-raised chicken breasts.
- One jar (16 oz) organic salsa. (I do the SPICY kind!)
- One large yellow onion, chopped.
- One large green bell pepper, chopped.
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
- 1/4 cup chili powder.
- The juice of two limes.
Combine all ingredients in your crockpot. If the salsa doesn’t fully cover the meat, add a cup of water and an additional tablespoon of chili powder to ensure the meat and veggies are submerged.
I put my crockpot on high and let it cook for about three hours. The other option is to put it on low and let it cook all day, but I’ve discovered it has a tendency to get saltier that way (cooks down all of the water). If you need to cook it all day, consider adding extra water and use a low-sodium/no salt added salsa & spice mix.
Serve with Paleo wraps (Julian Bakery makes them – a bit expensive, but convenient!) or over cauliflower rice!
Bon appetit, my friends!
- Crockpottin… (paleocvits.wordpress.com)
- Crockpot Homemade Chicken Stock (sexymoxiemama.wordpress.com)
- Paleo Beef Stew (cricketspaleolife.wordpress.com)