OK, I still plan to post my “Weigh-In Wednesday” segment later today, but I needed to take a moment to vent (scream) about my severe lack of control the past two weeks with regards to candy.
I have literally been consuming 50% of my daily calories in the form of sugary, processed treats. While delicious, this is a HORRIBLE habit and one that I thought I had broken many months back. Unfortunately, thanks to the over-preparation of many of my colleagues for Halloween visitors, there has been a surplus of “fun-size” and “minis” floating around my office that would make any dentist cringe (or celebrate, depending on their excitement on the profits from potential cavity fillings).
Yesterday alone, I had 2 mini milk chocolate Hershey bars, a mini Butterfinger, 2 mini York peppermint patties, and 2 fun-size bags of mini Reese’s peanut butter cups. Yeaaaaaaah. Over 500 calories of pure JUNK!
So, what’s the solution? How do I break this trend?
I’m consuming over 2,500 calories per week in pure candy (probably closer to 5,000, to be brutally honest), which is resulting in an utter stand-still in my weight loss and the cancellation of my sweat-filled workouts.
I can’t stop. Candy has become crack. How do I break through this bad habit?
How do people maintain their will power through the holiday temptations?
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
- Staying Healthy During the Holidays. Even Halloween? Boo! (fatwallet.com)
- Dear Fun-Sized Candies, (sarahoconnorwriter.wordpress.com)
- Healthy Halloween???? (littlegreenrunningshoes.com)
- How to Have a Happy (and Healthy!) Halloween (dailysavings.allyou.com)
- How to NOT Weight Gain Over The Holidays (ucsc.uloop.com)
- Tips For Healthy Holiday Eating (livinghealthywithnan.com)