I both love and hate Thursdays.
I love them, because I work late: 12pm to 9pm. I love them because I get to work out in the morning, and feel like I’m starting my day out productive.
I hate them, though, because that morning workout I enjoy so much turns me into a RAVENOUS, CANDY-INHALING BEAST all day long.
I’ve heard that morning workouts do wonders to boost the metabolism, but all it seems to do for me is set my appetite on overdrive.
I eat, and eat, and eat… and even though I feel full (fit to bursting!), I want more.
So far today, I’ve had:
- 4 tbsp of Cashew Butter (I could easily eat the whole jar – so good)
- 56 oz (yes, 56 oz) of Minute Maid light lemonade (not Paleo, but it’s so delicious)
- Quest Bar (Double Chocolate Chunk- not Paleo, but one of the healthier cheats!)
- 1 cup of frozen mango
- 5 Milky Way minis (definitely not Paleo!)
- 5 Caramel Creams (definitely not Paleo!)
- 4 slices of Julian’s Bakery coconut bread
- 4 tbsp of mustard
- 8 oz of Boar’s Head deli chicken
- 2 cups of spinach
- 2 cups of Snapea Crisps (not Paleo)
- 2 Caveman cookies
That’s right. It’s not even 7pm and I’ve already consumed almost 1,900 calories. Yikes.
Granted, my workout was intense (90 minutes on the stairmaster – burned about 1700 calories), but YEESH.
I’m stuffed to the point of pain, and yet I still want more food. I’m making myself drink water and -gasp- even Diet Pepsi (I normally avoid soda like the plague) just to control myself from eating more.
I’ve had so much today, I’m honestly thinking about squeezing in another hour at the gym after work, just to cancel out some of the ridiculous consumption from the day.
And this, my friends, is why I have a love/hate relationship with Thursdays.
Does anyone else have this problem?!