As I mentioned yesterday, I did quite a bit of prep-cooking for the week to help me get back on track. One of the meals I made ahead of time were these Paleo Italiano Chicken Burgers! Super simple and perfect for reheating during the week.
Super Simple Ingredients:
- 1 lb organic ground chicken
- 1/4 cup diced, sun dried tomatoes
- 5 button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped, fresh basil (dried basil works, as well, but the flavor isn’t as intense)
- 1/3 cup of Daiya mozzarella cheese alternative
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 raw egg
- 2-4 tbsp tapioca flour
- Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and kneed together. The egg and flour will help the chicken, which is always more moist than beef, stick together and form patties. I start with 2 tbsp of flour and increase, as necessary, if my patties aren’t holding together.
- This makes four generous patties, which you can keep thick (juicier!) or flatten out for quick cooking.
My husband threw these on the grill (medium heat) for about five minutes each side. They came out PERFECT!
I’m having one of these patties (roughly 275 calories) along with leftover boiled Brussels Sprouts for lunch today at work!
Bon appetit, my friends!
- TexMex Paleo Burger Recipe (memoirsofayoyodieter.com)
- Paleo Chicken Picatta (theperkyprimal.wordpress.com)
- Paleo Mexican Chicken Soup (infertilitythouartaheartlessbitch.wordpress.com)
- Paleo Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Icing (memoirsofayoyodieter.com)
- Italiano Chicken Breasts – Slow Cooker (themonthlylineup.wordpress.com)
- Paleo Chicken Tenders made by my 7yo! (infertilitythouartaheartlessbitch.wordpress.com)
- Pecan Bars! Healthy! Gluten Free!! Paleo Bars!! (kellygetthin.wordpress.com)
- A Beginner’s Guide to Paleo (paleopolly.com)
- Life-Changing Foods; the Paleo Diet; the 50 Best Foods; Please Explain (wnyc.org)