For those that don’t know, I am a writer for the nationally syndicated TV show, The Daily Buzz.
This is actually my personal recipe for paleo, grain-free chocolate chip cookies used on the show today!
Here’s the full recipe:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (I love the organic coconut flour from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cups of Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- pinch of sea salt
- OPTIONAL MIX-INS: coconut flakes, pecans, almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, or dried cherries.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Combine all wet ingredients (including mashed bananas) in large mixing bowl. Stir well while folding in all dry ingredients.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- On a greased cookie sheet, spoon out tablespoon-sized balls of cookie dough approximately 2 inches apart. Gently press balls down, creating a 1″ thick cookie.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until browned. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, then dig in!
Bon appetit, my friends!