In an effort to keep my eating clean this week, I sliced up a bunch of fresh veggies to take as snacks while at work. Since munching on veggies alone can get a bit boring, I decided to whip up the following dip (totally made up on the fly) to make my meals a little more exciting.
Check this out:
- Two whole avocados, peeled and cut into cubes.
- One 5.3 oz container of fat free, plain Greek Yogurt.
- Two stalks of fresh green onions, minced small.
- One jalapeno, diced small.
- Two tbsp of garlic powder.
- One tbsp of chili powder.
- One tbsp diced cilantro.
- The juice of 1/2 a lime.
I literally blended this in a food processor for less than 30 seconds and, VOILA! A slightly lower fat version of our favorite guacamole! The Greek yogurt adds a protein punch and the chili powder and jalapeno give it a little spice!
I might try to make a bigger batch of this next time (if you keep the pit inside the Tupperware, it can hold for over a week in the fridge!] and I might spice it up by blending in a little Ranch seasoning!