As expected, I didn’t stick 100% to my eating plan yesterday …which was a good thing. I realize, both due to introspection and the helpful advice of a friend, that I was setting myself up for failure, as I planned to eat way less food than my body needed to function on a 20+ hour work day.
My original goal was to come in around 1200-1250 calories, but I actually came in around 1,750.
Now, bear in mind that I was awake from 12:45am until 10:30pm yesterday, working job numero uno from 1:45am until 8am, and then job dos from 9am to 6pm. Following work, I hit the gym for 90 minutes on the elliptical from 6:30pm until 8pm, enjoyed dinner and a little social time with my hubby, and then crashed around 10:30pm …just in time to start the process again.
Where did my extra calories come from yesterday?
- Trail Mix someone brought to a work meeting. (Except for the m&ms blended in, this wasn’t too bad.)
- Four cubes of cheddar cheese after dinner.
- Dried mango slices after dinner (this stuff is my crack/ candy).
- 2 Hershey’s Almond Kisses left on my desk by an anonymous saboteur (whom I secretly love, because I needed some chocolate at the moment).
- Toasted Coconut Almonds, which I made the mistake of buying before realizing that they’re as addictive as heroine. My husband and I have been unintentionally polishing off a can in the span of two days.
I’m not disappointed with my day, as I still ended with a calorie deficit (I burned approximately 1,166 calories in exercise yesterday, between the three 10-minute walks I took at work and my 90 minutes of elliptical), and I never really binged on anything, which is normally my biggest downfall. I’m not a have-one-or-two-bite-and-be-satisfied kind of girl. I’m more of eat-the-entire-bag-of-Dove-chocolates-and-then-hunt-down-something-else kind of lady, if you know what I mean.
Here is today’s gameplan:
Breakfast #1 (2:30am):
– Wawa Egg White and Steak Bowl w/ extra veggies (approx 220 calories)
– Wawa coffee w/ nonfat French Vanilla creamer (not Paleo creamer, but it’s all they had in the non-dairy spectrum, approx 60 calories)
– Gummy Prenatal Vitamin (20 calories)
– Gummy Biotin (15 calories)
TOTAL BREAKFAST ONE CALORIES: 315
Breakfast #2 (7am):
– 10 stalks of celery (30 calories)- Half Quest Cinnamon Roll protein bar (85 calories)
TOTAL BREAKFAST TWO CALORIES: 85
Lunch #1 (10:30am):
– Trader Joe’s Broccoli and Kale Salad, no dressing (260 calories)
TOTAL LUNCH ONE CALORIES: 260
Lunch #2 (1pm):
– Granny Smith Apple (80 calories)
– Half Quest Cinnamon Roll protein bar (85 calories)
TOTAL LUNCH TWO CALORIES: 165
Dinner #1 (5pm):
– Trader Joe’s Veggie Tray (125 calories)
Dinner #2 (9:45pm – or whatever time I get home from school):
– Crockpot Egg & Veggie Baked Thingie (approx 250 calories)
Other than a few walks at work, I likely won’t be able to workout today, as I’m in school from 6:30pm until 9:30pm and then will come home, eat, and crash.
Much like yesterday, I’ve planned for about 1,250 calories, but I’m positive I’ll come in closer to 1,400-1,500 by the time the human-me gets into the picture. If that trail mix reappears at today’s meeting, or the magic Hershey’s fairy pays a consecutive visit, I won’t be complaining.
On that note …
Bon appetit, my friends!