Here come all of the Halloween candies, snacks, and themed-treats to further sabotage my dieting attempts.
These are my major weaknesses of the season:
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes
- Cadbury Screme Eggs
- Mellowcreme Pumpkins
- Candy Corn M&Ms
- Bite-size/miniature ANYTHING.
- Pumpkin Pie Italian Ice/Gelatis from Jeremiah’s
Why, oh why, does every holiday/season have to be associated with such delicious (and fattening) food?!
I’m going to make this smoothie tonight to try and combat my desire to hunt down pumpkin-spiced-everything after work tonight:
Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie:
- 1 scoop Cinnamon Bun Protein Powder (120 cals, low carb)
- 2/3 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup So Delicious Almond Milk Plus Protein (40 cals, 5+ grams of protein
- 1 tbsp chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 packets of Splenda/Truvia (whatever I have on hand)
- 1/2 tbsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 full cup of ice
This’ll be a pretty big – and heavy – smoothie, weighing in at nearly 300 calories, but it’ll pack healthy fats and a lot of filling protein. My hope is that it’ll fill me up AND satisfy my sweets craving for the seasonal treats!
Bon appetit, my friends!