OK, this is a quick and easy recipe for a refreshing, summer beverage for those of you on the Paleo diet but still craving a little alcoholic sustenance!
- 2 cups organic red wine (personally, I love Malbec, as it’s not sweet, but not overly dry)
- 2 cups sparkling water
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 orange, juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries, frozen
- 1.5 oz 100% agave tequila
- 2 sprigs of mint (optional)
In two large (16 oz) mason jars, divide your wine evenly. Add your lime juice, orange juice (hold zest until the end), and berries. Stir well, and then split the tequila between both (it gives it an extra punch)! Add the sparkling water (don’t stir – it’ll go flat!) and then top with the mint sprigs and orange zest. Enjoy!
It’s not too sweet, but perfectly refreshing with the fruit and fresh juice! I make this year round, but it’s perfect for the summer, since the added sparkling water prevents it from overly dehydrating you in the heat. You can substitute white wine if you’re not a red fan, but you’ll get more benefits from the antioxidants in red. Plus, it’s prettier! 🙂
Bon appetit, my friends!